Never have to deal with conventional flairs again or even the hassle of disposing them. It is suggested that you keep some of your expired flairs as back up, which is a good idea. After 30 years of boating just how many do you want to keep? You still need to dispose of them one day.
Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Waterproof & submersible
- Floats, lens-up to optimize all-around horizontal & vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- No toxic chemical compounds or burning waste
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- SIMPLE twist-on operation
- Easy to test regularly
- Can be operated unattended
- Battery-operated (3 C-cell Alkaline)
- Made in U.S.A
- United States Patent: D784,175
- Lifetime Warranty
The SOS Distress Light is the ONLY LED Visual Distress that meets US Coast Guard requirements that completely replace traditional pyrotechnic flares. The LED light flashes up to 60 hours, It flashes only the SOS sequence, per USCG requirements, and is visible up to 10 nautical miles. When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package), it meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use, This electronic flare floats and can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It operates with 3 standard C batteries. Complies with all US Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013. http://www.weems-plath.com/Products/Safety-Products-1/SOS-Distress-Light-Electronic-Flare.html